Children with ADHD may have three basic problems, they can’t pay attention, they are hyperactive, and they act on impulse. It can however be difficult to draw the line between the behavior of a child that is within the normal limits of high energy and abnormally active behavior.
There are several types of foods that can reduce the ADHD symptoms:
- Balance blood sugar
- Hyperactive children eat more sugar than other children, and reducing sugar has been found to halve disciplinary actions in young offenders. Other research has confirmed that the problem is not sugar itself but the forms it comes in, the absence of a well-balanced diet overall and abnormal glucose metabolism.
- Increase omega 3 fat
- Omega-3s have clearly calming effect on many children with hyperactivity and ADHD. And many children with ADHD/hyperactivity have visible symptoms of essential fat deficiency such as excessive thirst, dry skin, eczema and asthma.
- Increase vitamins and minerals
- Although it is unlikely, on the basis of the studies to date, that ADHD is purely deficiency disease, most children with this diagnosis are deficient in certain key nutrients and do respond very well.
- Avoid allergy food
- The link between hyperactivity and food sensitivity is the most established and worthy of pursuit in any child showing signs of ADHD. Food allergies can be of two types: Type 1 in the classical, severe and immediate allergy most commonly associated with peanuts and shellfish. This allergy involves an antibody called IgE and most people discover if they have this type of allergy in life since the reaction is so immediate and severe. The second type, which we will call Type 2, involves the IgG antibody which works in quite a different way. Symptoms of these allergies can be many and varied and may take many hours to appear. These allergies often go undetected for this reason.
If you or your child had been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, you can contact Chinese Master to request a professional advice or treatment.